Are you stuck in a makeup rut? Not sure how to create a natural look for the day? Struggle to find a look that can transition from day to night?Whatever the case may be, we’ve got you covered. Here are three of our favorite (and super easy) eye makeup looks that anyone can pull off. There’s one for day, one for night, and one that will see you through from sunrise to last call.
Contouring is the trick to drawing attention to your eyes without looking like you’re wearing tons of makeup––or even any makeup at all. Follow these steps to create the perfect subtle day look.
DAY TO NIGHT LOOK:
A cat eye is already a dramatic look, so keep it fresh and crisp by minimizing the rest of your makeup. Follow these steps to create the perfect cat eye that’s sexy yet approachable.
- use a light neutral shadow that matches your skin tone
- highlight your brow bones and the inner corners of your eyes with a luminizer
- sweep black liquid liner from the inner corner of your eye just past the outer corner following the lash line
- lightly trace your bottom lash line with the liner, sweeping out towards the outer corner
- finish with a coat of black mascara
There’s no red carpet makeup look more iconic than the smokey eye, and it’s easy to see why. A smokey eye is classic, universally flattering, sexy, and easy to do without the help of a professional makeup artist. You can try this look in any shade, but chocolate brown is dramatic without being too stark. Follow these steps to create the perfect smokey eye.