Slim Down Your Suitcase
We can’t lie. We’re bad packers. No matter how hard we try, there’s just never enough room for all of our clothes, shoes, hair supplies, makeup…the list goes on. However, here are 5 tips collected from the Joyus team about how to actually fit into your luggage.
1. Pack clothes that match and go heavy on neutrals. That way you can mix and match items in your suitcase without having to pack complete outfits for each day of your trip.
2. Wear your biggest items. Don’t try to stuff boots or a coat into your suitcase. Wear it on the plane!
3. Make a list. Get organized, and you’ll be surprised at how much room you’ll free up.
4. Glad Press and Seal. Instead of including a bulky bottle, create individual use toiletries. Just squirt one shower’s worth of shampoo or face wash onto a sheet of press and seal, lay another sheet on top and seal all the way around. Throw a bunch into a ziplock bag, and you’ve saved loads of space.
5. Limit shoes. They are space stealers. You don’t need them all. Just pick a few versatile ones.
And if all else fails… do the sit (on your suitcase) and zip!